This is a professional career certificate programme. The curriculum provides for an early and continuing emphasis on patient care and assessment, as well as reinforcement of the basic sequence of emergency medical care procedures.
This programme is GATE approved and is approximately four hundred hours in duration (400 hours) conducted over a seven-month schedule (two full days per week). Other options are available for Companies requiring an exclusive class.
AAOS Emergency Care & Transport of the sick & injured 11th edition textbook (or e-book). Please contact Emergency Training Associates Ltd at 683-3289 or 679-2146 for textbook pricing.
AHA BLS e-book will be provided by E.T.I.T.T. Additionally, students also have access to a variety of study materials via the E.T.I.T.T LMS account.
Successful students will be eligible to challenge the USA National Registry of EMT’s Computer based test (CBT) in Trinidad upon completion (www.nremt.org) and obtain this prestigious certification.
Testing and certification by the NREMT is the standard that is legally accepted for licensure and certification in over forty-six states in the U.S.A, for credentialing EMS providers (EMR, EMT, AEMT and Paramedic).
The exam is held at an approved Pearson Vue testing centre. Three attempts are offered for the EMT exam. E.T.I.T.T is approved by the N.R.E.M.T at the EMR, EMT & AEMT level.
The ideal EMT student should be one who is:
- · Committed to learning
- · Committed to studying
- · Punctual
- · Self-motivated
- · Minimum four (4) CSEC passes or equivalent (grades 1-3 general proficiency).
Personnel must have good oral, comprehension and communication skills in addition to the following:
- · Citizen of Trinidad & Tobago (GATE requirement)
- · Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- · Provide two passport size photos (any color background)
- · Police certificate of character
- · MMR, hepatitis B immunization, tetanus, T.B. testing.
- · Must be able to perform duties of an EMT including lifting and moving patients.
- · May not have physical or psychological dependence to any substance other than those recognized as therapeutic treatments for valid medical conditions for which they are currently under the care of a physician.
Seven (7) months duration two days per week 8:30am to 4:30pm (excluding public holidays and/or school break if applicable). Other options are available for Companies requiring an exclusive class.
Click the Apply for this course button where you'll be teaken to or registration form.
- Quizzes : 6090
- Duration : 28 week