Due to Covid 19 restrictions, this programme is conducted as a Hybrid (theory online & labs in class) until further notice. CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION FORM
The ETITT Paramedic programme is Approved by the Accreditation Council of T&T and is also GATE approved for Tuition only. All other resource materials are the student’s expense. We offer the most challenging, robust and recognized EMS certifications in Trinidad & Tobago. Choosing ETITT means you are committed to a high standard of EMS Education.
Information in this section pertains to individuals whom are EMT trained and are pursuing the Paramedic educational programme.
The Paramedic is an allied health professional whose primary focus is to provide advanced emergency medical care for critical and emergent patients who access the emergency medical system. This individual possesses the complex knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care and transportation. Paramedics function as part of a comprehensive EMS response, under medical oversight. Paramedics perform interventions with the basic and advanced equipment typically found on an ambulance or other pre-hospital healthcare environment.
This is the highest level of pre-hospital education. The depth and breadth of educational content is more than the Advanced EMT.
The Paramedic programme will be a minimum of fourteen hundred (1400) contact hours extending over a period of fourteen months. This includes classroom and clinical/ambulance rotations. The ambulance rotations may be International (USA) and travel, accommodation expenses are the responsibility of the student.
Paramedic entry requirements:
Students are expected to meet the basic requirements for entry into the programme.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Citizens of T&T (for GATE applicants) & Caricom citizens/residents
- Holder of current EMT certification (National Registry EMT certification would be an asset)
- Four (4) CSEC passes (Grades I-III) or above. Mature entry route for individuals with three (3) CSEC passes (Grades 1-111) and an admissions test. Students would be required to pay an additional TT$510.00 for the admissions test to determine their eligibility for the programme.
- Paramedic Pre-Assessment (pre-course) exam
- Successful completion of ETITT’s pre-course in Anatomy and Physiology with a grade of 70% or better
- EMT experience an asset (ambulance or other healthcare setting)
Must also have the following:
- Current professional rescuer CPR/AED certification (AHA or equivalent)
- Current Immunization (Hepatitis B, Tetanus, TB screening, MMR)
- Current police certificate of good character
Special note: Currently, ETITT is reviewing if Covid 19 vaccination policy for programme admission and/or clinical rotations. This is to be updated
- JB Learning Nancy Caroline Paramedic Emergency Care in the streets 8th edition
- Anatomy & Physiology for Health Professionals 3rd edition
- NAEMT Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support 9th edition
- NAEMT Advanced Medical Life Support edition 3rd edition
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) & Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) 2020 edition (provided by ETITT)