Please note that due to Covid 19 regulations, all of our EMS & con-ed programmes are delivered as a Hybrid model until further notice. CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION FORM
This is a professional career certificate programme. The curriculum provides for an early and continuing emphasis on patient care and assessment, as well as reinforcement of the basic sequence of emergency medical care procedures. The EMT programme is approved by the Accreditation Council of T&t and is also approved for GATE funding. It is approximately four hundred hours in duration (400 hours) conducted over a seven-month schedule (two full days per week). We offer the most challenging, robust and recognized EMS certifications in Trinidad & Tobago. Choosing ETITT means you are committed to a high standard of EMS Education.
AAOS Emergency Care & Transport of the sick & injured 11th edition textbook (or e-book). Please contact Emergency Training Associates Ltd at (868)683-3289 or 679-2146 for textbook pricing. AHA BLS e-book will be provided by E.T.I.T.T. Additionally, students also have access to a variety of support & study materials via the E.T.I.T.T LMS account.
Successful students will be eligible to challenge the USA National Registry of EMT’s Computer based test (CBT) in Trinidad upon completion (www.nremt.org) and obtain this prestigious certification.
Testing and certification by the NREMT is the standard that is legally accepted for licensure and certification in over forty-six states in the U.S.A, for credentialing EMS providers (EMR, EMT, AEMT and Paramedic).
The exam is held at an approved Pearson Vue testing centre. Three attempts are offered for the EMT exam. E.T.I.T.T is approved by the N.R.E.M.T at the EMR, EMT & AEMT level.
The ideal EMT student should be one who is:
- · Committed to learning
- · Committed to studying
- · Punctual
- · Self-motivated
- Academic entry requirements – four (4) cxc passes or equivalent- grades 1-3 general proficiency.
- Mature entry route for individuals with three (3) CSEC passes (Grades 1-111) and an admissions test. Students would be required to pay an additional TT$510.00 for the admissions test to determine their eligibility for the programme.
Personnel must have good oral, comprehension and communication skills in addition to the following:
- · Citizen of Trinidad & Tobago (GATE requirement) & Caricom citizens/residents
- · Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- · Provide two passport size photos (any color background)
- · Police certificate of character
- · MMR, hepatitis B immunization, tetanus, T.B. testing (ETITT is currently reviewing Covid 19 vaccination admission requirements)
- · Must be able to perform duties of an EMT including lifting and moving patients.
- · May not have physical or psychological dependence to any substance other than those recognized as therapeutic treatments for valid medical conditions for which they are currently under the care of a physician.
Seven (7) months duration two days per week 8:30am to 4:30pm (excluding public holidays and/or school break if applicable). Other options are available for Companies requiring an exclusive class.