Information in this section pertains to individuals whom are EMT trained and are pursuing the AEMT education. This programme is a minimum of nine months duration & offers a Diploma award upon successful completion.
Classes are primarily conducted two full days per week. Successful students will be eligible to challenge the USA National Registry Advanced EMT exam and obtain this prestigious certification. Other class options are available for Companies requiring an exclusive class.
Student learning will focus on expanding the level of understanding of human anatomy and physiology, disease process, patient assessment and stabilization, proper use of equipment such as defibrillators and advanced airway management. In addition, the student will learn about intravenous therapy and pharmacological interventions.
Hospital Emergency Room rotations are required for course completion. This is arranged by E.T.I.T.T administration.
Students are expected to meet the basic requirements for entry into the programme.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Four (4) CSEC passes (Grades I-III)
- Pre-course assessment
- Online learning assessment
- Successful completion of ETITT’s pre-course in Anatomy and Physiology with a grade of 70% or better. Minimum 120 contact hours
- EMT experience an asset (ambulance or other healthcare setting)
- Must provide the following:
- EMT certification. NREMT certification an asset
- Current professional rescuer CPR/AED certification (AHA or equivalent)
- Current Immunization (Hepatitis B, Tetanus, TB screening, MMR)
- Current police certificate of good character
Provided by E.T.I.T.T
- AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support e-book (separate certification awarded)
- AHA Pediatric Emergency, Assessment, Resuscitation & Stabilization e-book (separate certification awarded)
- Online LMS
- Click here for AEMT textbook purchasing information
Click the Apply for this course button where you'll be teaken to or registration form.
- Duration : 10 week