Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) is a classroom, video-based, Instructor-led course that uses a series of simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation and team dynamics. The goal of the PALS Course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes.1- and 2-rescuer child CPR and AED use (AHA website)
- 1- and 2-rescuer infant CPR
- Cardiac, respiratory and shock case discussions and simulations
- Key changes in pediatric advanced life support, reflecting the new science from the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Management of respiratory emergencies
- Resuscitation team concept
- Rhythm disturbances and electrical therapy
- Systematic Approach to Pediatric Assessment
- Vascular access
- PALS Emergency Crash Cart Cards
- PALS Pocket Reference Card
- PALS Provider Manual with Pocket Reference Card
- All participants must have a current BCLS (Professional Level CPR/AED) certification reflecting 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- All non-physician participants must complete an online ECG course (PALS Algorithms) prior to course commencement. This pre-course provides information on PALS pharmacology and ECG (in relation to the PALS course). ETITT will provide website link for participants to enroll online and complete course. Participants must provide certificate of completion upon ACLS registration. This component is not mandatory for the physicians
- All participants must complete the online ACLS Precourse Assessment prior to course commencement (provided with ACLS manual).
Upon successful course completion, including demonstration of skills competency in all learning stations and a written test (Pass Mark 84% or higher), students receive a PALS course completion card & certificate, valid for two years.