ACLS is a 2 day advanced, instructor-led classroom course that highlights the importance of team dynamics and communication, systems of care and immediate post-cardiac-arrest care. It also covers airway management and related pharmacology. In this course, skills are taught in large, group sessions and small, group learning and testing stations where case-based scenarios are presented.
- Key changes in advanced cardiovascular life support, reflecting the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device and use of an (AED)
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
- Effective Resuscitation Team Dynamics
- ACLS Provider Manual, includes ACLS Pocket Reference Card Set
- All participants must have a current BCLS (Professional Level CPR/AED) certification reflecting 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- All non-physician participants must complete an online ECG course (ACLS Algorithms) prior to course commencement. This pre-course provides information on ACLS pharmacology and ECG (in relation to the ACLS course). ETITT will provide website link for participants to enroll online and complete course. Participants must provide certificate of completion upon ACLS registration. This component is not mandatory for the physicians
- All participants must complete the online ACLS Precourse Assessment prior to course commencement (provided with ACLS manual).
Upon successful course completion, including demonstration of skills competency in all learning stations and passing the CPR and AED skills test, bag-mask ventilation skills test, a Megacode test and a written test (Pass Mark 84% or higher), students receive an ACLS course completion card & certificate, valid for two years.